The Four Characteristics of Great Web Sites
Brief check list - By Ivan Surjanovic
Web site Concept
- Do you have clear and specific goals of your web site (to enhance image, to sell, to educate, to be used as online brochure, to reduce costs...)
- Do you know who is your target market?
- Did you develop your positioning strategy (How to be different? What is your strategic advantage – USP)
- Do you have formal plan how to build relationships with clients?
- Do you have any plan how to bring visitors back to your web site?
- Did you make your sales plan (How/what to sell? To whom? When?)
- Did you provide a lot of interesting information on your web site?
- Is it easy to find information?
- Is navigation simple, friendly, intuitive?
- Did you include home and contact page on every page?
- Can your visitor always find the information in only 3 clicks and 8 seconds?
- Is your web site looking professionally, nice and clean?
- Do the visual images support your concept and content? Are visual images appropriate for your target audience and for your positioning strategy?